- 1. Name one song you’re ashamed of liking
- 2. 25 most played songs in your iTunes?
- 3. Put your iPod on shuffle and tell me the first 5 songs
- 4. What song are you listening to right now?
- 5. First concert you ever went to?
- 6. First album you brought?
- 7. First favourite band?
- 8. Favourite song from the 90s?
- 9. Favourite cover of a song?
- 10. Favourite lyrics?
- 11. Favourite band/artist?
- 12. Favourite band member from your favourite band?
- 13. Favourite song?
- 14. Least favourite band/artist?
- 15. Least favourite song?
- 16. Last song you listened to?
- 17. Last album you brought?
- 18. Last song that made you cry?
- 19. Last song that made you smile?
- 20. Recent artist/band you’ve started to like
- 21. Name one of your playlists
- 22. What songs are on that playlist?
- 23. Artist/Band that has saved you life?
- 24. Longest song on your iPod?
- 25. Shortest song on your iPod?
- 26. Most played song in your iTunes
- 27. Do you play an instrument?
- 28. One instrument you wish you played
- 29. Name one band/artist you used to love but now loathe
- 30. What’s one song you have on your iPod that you always skip when on shuffle but have never deleted?
Want to attend college for free? It can happen if you learn German.
All German universities are now free to Americans and all other international students. The last German state to charge tuition at its universities struck down the fees this week.
Even before Germany abolished college tuition for all students, the price was a steal. Typically semester fees were around $630. What’s more, German students receive many perks including discounts for food, clothing and events, as well as inexpensive or even free transportation.
In explaining why Germany made this move, Dorothee Stapelfeldt, a Hamburg senator, called tuition fees “unjust” and added that “they discourage young people who do not have a traditional academic family background from taking up study. It is a core task of politics to ensure that young women and men can study with a high quality standard free of charge in Germany.”
Actually, German universities were free up until 2006 when they started charging tuition. That triggered such a crush of criticism that German states began phasing out this policy. Lower Saxony was the last holdout.
It’s too bad that politicians in the U.S. don’t feel that a college education is worth supporting appropriately. State aid to the nation’s public universities took a nosedive during the 2008 recession and education funding remains well below those levels. The average state is spending 23 percent less per student than before the recession, according to a report by the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
Actually, state support has been declining for public universities for a quarter of a century. Using an interactive tool from The Chronicle of Higher Education, you can see how state government subsidies have cratered at individual institutions.
With the average undergrad borrower now leaving school with more than $29,000 in debt, the free ride in Germany can look awfully tempting.
How to handle the language barrier
German is not an easy language to learn. Fortunately, however, there are international language programs in Germany, which have become very popular with international students before they tackle obtaining a degree in a different language.
What’s more, an increasing number of German universities are offering degrees in English. These are often called international studies programs or in some other way have the word international in their title.
This is actually making me cry…it’s one of those times when you realize that your own government just truly, honestly, does not give a shit about your wellbeing in any way.
If Americans don’t reblog this, then y’all need help.
hey uh, whats a boob? Im asking for a frien d
U KNOW WHAT? I HOPE UR CRUSH NOTICES YOU AND REALISES HOW NICE AND LOVELY AND FUNNY AND SWEET AND KIND AND BEAUTIFUL YOU ARE AND YOU BECOME THEIR CRUSH BECAUSE U DESERVE SOMEONE WHO KNOWS THIS AND WILL TREAT YOU LIKE A PRINCE OR PRINCESS AND LOVES YOU WITH EVERY PART OF THEM